Download Full Text (341 KB)
Whittier College was founded in 1887 as Friends’ College by a group of Quakers, also known as the Religious Society of Friends. In 1895, the first classes were taught under the official name “Whittier College”, and the College was accredited in 1900. In 1904 the first commencement was held. The College Collection consists of a wide variety of materials, including object artifacts, photographs, papers, and more, covering a period of time beginning just before the founding of the school and continuing until the present day; the collection is continuously being developed.
Harris, Paige, "College Collection Finding Aid" (2023). Finding Aids. 14.